Imagine your future with Atlas Copco!
Atlas Copco is a world leading provider of industrial productivity solutions. Compressor Technique, the division recruiting for this position, includes air compressors, air and condensate treatment, nitrogen and oxygen generators, blowers, and vacuum. In
close cooperation with customers and business partners and with more than 140 years of experience, Atlas Copco innovates for superior productivity. Headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden, we presently have 40,000 employees located in 180 countries around the
We are seeking an experienced Sales Representative (Sales Engineer) to join our team in Phoenix, AZ to cover our west region territory.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Product Sales and Territory Development (65-80%)
– Prospect, source, and maintain quality customers in assigned area. Continuously prospecting key accounts, engineering firms, distributors relating to all air compressor parts sales. Achieve and exceed assigned sales goals by developing action plans and schedules
to identify specific sales prospects, targets, and/or markets and to project number of contacts to be made. Manage, call on, and sell Edmac’s portfolio of product directly to customers in assigned area. Follow up on new leads and referrals resulting from
field activity and as referred by telemarketing activity. Establish rapport and maintain regular contact with existing and new customers (particularly key accounts, where applicable). Respond promptly to customer inquiries. Introduce new products. Understand
customer needs and be able to communicate them back into Edmac to determine if Edmac can accommodate the requests. Actively engage in planned prospecting activities geared at increasing the customer base, and continually increase Edmac’s presence in the
Obtain, develop or otherwise prepare, deliver, and present sales materials, exhibits, and promotional programs. Prepare for and attend trade shows, exhibits, conferences, meetings, and other local, regional, and national promotional opportunities. Maintain
customer base, quotations and calendar daily.
Prepare and present quotes, proposals, pricing. Relay any customer service concerns through quality follow up checks; identify and resolve customer concerns where possible and ensure the customer is taken care of from order to receipt.
Maintain a professional image and attitude at all times through personal actions and initiatives.
Take whatever action is appropriate and required to get the job done and to establish and maintain communications with all relevant internal and external business partners and customers relevant to this mission.
Personal Development (10%)
– Take personal responsibility for your own career development by updating job knowledge (for both products and sales/marketing strategies and skills) by participating in educational opportunities;
reading professional publications; networking; and participating in professional organizations. Utilize the Global Business Portal, Internal JobMarket database, Competence Portal and engage in other competence development activities to continually work towards
personal growth and career development.
– All reporting will be though Saleforce. This is Edmac’s primary CRM system. All visits and calls will be logged within this system in order to eliminate the need for Monthly reporting. Report immediately to management
any special developments, information, or feedback gathered through field activity, including recommendations for product, service, pricing changes and evaluation of competitive developments.
Contribute to positive Company branding by projecting a knowledgeable, professional, and customer-oriented image to customers.
Perform all duties in accordance with Company standards, while always striving to understand the needs and expectations of the customer.
Take whatever action is appropriate and required to get the job done and to establish and maintain communications with all people/employees considered necessary to get the job done.
Perform other duties as assigned.
- Four year degree in business or marketing or equivalent work experience.
- Three years of relevant industrial sales experience a must, preferably in the compressed air industry.
- Must be self-directed.
- Must have excellent organizational, interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills.
- Have proven business analysis skills.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, including PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
- Travel required.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license.
So are you ready for a world-class challenge? Then join Atlas Copco, the world's leading provider of industrial compressed air equipment, parts, and service.
Atlas Copco Compressors LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin,
disability, protective veteran status or any other category protected by state or local laws.