Imagine your future with Atlas Copco!
Atlas Copco is a world leading provider of industrial productivity solutions. Our products and services range from compressed air and gas equipment, generators, construction and mining equipment, and industrial tools and assembly systems to related aftermarket
and rental. In close cooperation with customers and business partners and with more than 140 years of experience, Atlas Copco innovates for superior productivity. Headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden, we presently have 40,000 employees located in 180 countries
around the globe.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a proactive and passionate IT Application Engineer who can manage and support IT applications for U.S. based companies of Atlas Copco.
He or she will also take up responsibilities with regards to new project requests.
You will be responsible for a variety of IT activities, incl. internal customer meetings, requirement analysis, solution proposals, follow-up of application implementations and developments, change requests and advanced support.
As an IT application engineer you have an IT technical background and a very strong analytical mindset. You will have the opportunity to work hands-on in a highly-motivated organization within a challenging environment.
Who are we?
You will become part of CT-IS (Compressor Technique - Information Services) which is responsible for the lifecycle of digital solutions within the Compressor Technique business area of Atlas Copco. We mainly operate from the headquarters, which is in Antwerp,
Belgium. We also have teams in India and China.
We will setup a new IT team in the U.S. to better support IT applications and projects within this region. You will become part of this team. You will have the opportunity to have a strong impact on the growth trajectory of this new team, and hence your own
In your function you will be supported by the CT-IS teams in Antwerp and other locations. You are willing to travel. For example, for training purposes.
You will report to the IT Competence Center Manager Business Applications located in Antwerp, Belgium.
- You manage the relationship with our internal customers. You talk to several companies (e.g. based in Rock Hill, Charlotte, Bay Minette) and their departments to understand their IT needs. You define a solution for a business problem, with
a clear cost/benefit analysis. You help in establishing short and long-term IT roadmaps.
- You analyze business requirements write up functional specs and test programs.
You guarantee an excellent quality of the system processes, which need to be in line with the business processes.
- You manage applications in your portfolio. You provide operational support for issues and change requests, hands-on, and will take care of the appropriate escalation when needed. Especially in the domain of ERP (RPG program code) this will
be an important activity. To do so you build up detailed knowledge of the ERP system and other applications in use.
You act as liaison and first point of contact between local users and different back-office IT teams to ensure satisfactory results from the users’ point of view.
- You execute technical application changes. You will mainly work with developers to execute application changes. At the same time, you have or build up the skills to perform issue analysis and execute small application changes, data updates.
(e.g. in ERP domain)
- You support projects from feasibility study to closure. You work in close cooperation with different people (like key users, project members, management, internal and external suppliers)
- The candidate has a minimum of 3 years of experience in IS/IT projects of considerable size and at least 5 years of experience in working with ERP systems.
- Vast knowledge of and extensive experience with:
- Business applications including the ability to analyze and assess existing business applications and procedures, with a track record of proactively identifying solutions to both technology as well as business issues.
- At least one major ERP solution, BPCS by preference. Other systems or applications are considered a plus.
- Software development processes including defining business requirements, functional specifications, testing procedures, implementation and change management.
- Software support processes.
- IT technical knowledge in one or more domains (example SQL, RPG, .NET …)
- Knowledge of and interest in IT infrastructure and hardware are a plus
- Experience in working in an environment requiring cooperation and negotiation with other business units or IS/IT organizations to attain goals.
- Experience in different business processes of discrete manufacturing, or other business processes is an asset.
- The candidate has a university degree, a bachelor degree in Technology Management or equivalent.
- Project management certifications are an asset.
- You can work independently, having self-drive and passion.
- You are proactive.
- You are customer focused, enthusiastic and professional.
- You have very strong analytical skills and problem-solving abilities.
- You need to have good communication and interpersonal skills, working as a team.
- You can handle pressure, and are prepared to work outside regular office hours, which is sometimes necessary due to a deadline.
- You are open to work in global team with a mix of different cultures. You are willing to travel.
- You work systematically and accurately, able to manage multiple tasks and priorities.
So are you ready for a world-class challenge? Then join Atlas Copco, the world's leading provider of industrial compressed air equipment, parts, and service.
Atlas Copco Compressors LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability,
protective veteran status or any other category protected by state or local laws.