Imagine your future with Atlas Copco!
Atlas Copco is a world leading provider of industrial productivity solutions. Compressor Technique, the division recruiting for this position, includes air compressors, air and condensate treatment, nitrogen and oxygen generators, blowers, and vacuum. In
close cooperation with customers and business partners and with more than 140 years of experience, Atlas Copco innovates for superior productivity. Headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden, we presently have 40,000 employees located in 180 countries around the
We are seeking an experienced Sales Representative to join our team in Austin, TX.
Roles and Responsibilities:
– The Sales Manager maximizes Atlas Copco’s business share among quality customers on an assigned account list while prospecting for and sourcing new ones. A requirement of this role is to achieve or exceed assigned sales goals
by developing action plans and schedules to identify active projects, specific sales prospects, targets, and/or markets. The Sales Manager manages and calls on an assigned customer account list with the focus of selling customized products, with the support
of the application engineering team, and will need to have experience in reviewing engineering specifications. In addition, the Sales Manager will actively engage in planned prospecting activities geared at finding new projects with an equipment need or increasing
the assigned customer account list. They will follow up on new leads and referrals resulting from field activity and establish rapport through maintaining regular contact with existing and new customers. Responding promptly to customer inquiries, introducing
new products, studying customer needs, and coordinating customer service are abilities the Sales Manager should have.
Additional duties of a Sales Manager include:
Training & Development
- Preparing and presenting quotes, proposals, pricing, and credit terms with the support of the application engineering team. Manage customer relationships while helping to identify and resolve customer concerns.
- Maintaining a professional image at all times through personal actions and initiatives. Enhancing division and Company reputation and brand image by consistently working to implement the Company’s core values of commitment, interaction, and innovation.
- Obtaining, developing, preparing, delivering, and presenting sales materials, exhibits, and promotional programs when attending exhibits, conferences, meetings, and other local, regional, and national promotional opportunities.
– The Sales Manager is expected to continuously update their job knowledge (for both products and sales/marketing strategies and skills) by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications;
networking; and participating in professional organizations.
– The Sales Manager prepares reports as assigned relative to activity, lost orders, closings, follow-up, and performance against budget. These reports may also be on special developments, information, or feedback gathered through
field activity, including recommendations for product, service, pricing changes and evaluation of competitive developments.
Perform other duties as assigned.
- Four year degree in engineering, business or marketing or equivalent work experience.
- Five years of direct sales or application engineering experience in the industrial market.
- Must be self-directed.
- Must have excellent organizational, interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills.
- Have proven business analysis skills.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, including PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
- Up to 65% local travel.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license.
So are you ready for a world-class challenge? Then join Atlas Copco, the world's leading provider of industrial compressed air equipment, parts, and service.
Atlas Copco Compressors LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin,
disability, protective veteran status or any other category protected by state or local laws.